Convert you shovel to an ice axe for steep, exposed slopes where you might want a self-arrest tool. Attach the compact pick to the shovel’s T-handle and slide the spike into the shaft bottom to make a lightweight emergency axe. The telescoping shaft adjusts the height and extends to a full when you need leverage for shoveling.
- Blade is made of strain hardened and anodized aluminum.
- Pick is 7075 T6 aluminum.
- When not in use, the pick and spike nest together for safe storage in a jacket pocket or pack.
- Pro Alu III, Ortovox's premier shovel is fast to assemble and has a huge 2.7L scoop volume.
- T-handle configures for right or left-handed users.
- Telescoping shaft is secure and compact enough (44cm) to fit in a pack.
- Shovel blade has slots for rigging a rescue sled, and mounts on the shaft handle to make a scoop for snow cave construction.
- Note that the Pocket Spike does not meet requirements of EN13089 for separate ice axes and picks.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Pocket Spike