Mile after mile, NANOspikes® footwear traction provides unrivaled comfort, grip and performance when running on icy streets, roads, and sidewalks. Ten extremely wear-resistant tungsten carbide spikes per foot bite into frozen surfaces and highly durable dual-compound TPU traction plates feature specialized inserts that disburse impact forces. NANOspikes® also allow users to safely transition between dry and slippery pavement without affecting the natural running motion, providing the high performance road runners demand so they can train and stay outside all year round.
Best Use: Road running, walking
Terrain: City streets and sidewalks
Conditions: Ice, hard-packed snow
Footwear: Road running shoes
- Spike Design: Ten spikes per foot with embedded tungsten carbide tips grip icy surfaces. Each spike is held in place with a lightweight aluminum anchor and is surrounded by a TPU cleat for added traction and shock absorption.
- Dual Compound TPU: A soft outer compound provides wear-resistance and flexibility, and aids in snow release, while a hard inner compound near the spikes disperses force against the outsole of footwear. Additional upward-facing traction ensures the traction plates stay in place against footwear.
- Reinforced Eyelets: Using a patented eyelet design, tough TPU inserts reinforce key stress points, allowing the elastomer harness to be lighter and stronger.
- Toe Bail: TPU toe bail provides added security and prevents the toe from pushing through the front of the elastomer harness.
- Raised Heal Tab: Allows for easy pull-back and removal.
- Elastomer Harness: Low-profile and ergonomically shaped, the elastomer harness is constructed from a durable TPE for a secure fit that remains stretchy in cold temperatures, down to -22°F (-30°C).